Become a project leader
We are looking for enthusiastic, collaborative and positive individuals to join our Leadership Programme and become Project Leaders. As a Project Leader you will run a weekly mentoring project with young people in primary or secondary school, facilitating the sessions alongside other responsibilities.
The Leadership Programme is an opportunity to gain and improve your leadership, management and communication skills whilst having a massive impact on the lives of young people. You will be supporting them to raise their aspirations, develop their character, and build their academic attainment and self-confidence. Are you up for the challenge?
As a member of the programme you’ll benefit from:
- A training programme designed to help you develop and grow your leadership and management skills, including a weekend residential and follow up evening sessions.
- Additional optional modules such as public speaking, working with young people with Special Educational Needs, Leadership training delivered in partnership with our corporate supporters and other third sector organisations.
- Paid weekly placement (4 hours per week) as a Project Leader on a primary or secondary school project.
- A unique opportunity to focus on your career development through access to a career mentor (last year’s partners: Spencer Ogden, Macquarie and The App Business) and a line manager dedicated to your development in and out of ReachOut.
- Access to ReachOut’s alumni community, with access to networking events and career development opportunities.
Current and former ReachOut mentors who have attended 10 or more mentoring sessions will automatically be shortlisted.
We will be assessing candidates on a rolling basis and will close applications once we have recruited the required number of Project Leaders. It is in your interest to apply as soon as possible.
Please click below to download our application form. Once completed, please send it along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also complete our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form.
At ReachOut, we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We aim to be an organisation that represents the young people that we mentor. We actively encourage applications from Black and Minority Ethnic candidates as these are underrepresented within our organisation.