Become a project leader
We are looking for enthusiastic, collaborative and positive individuals to join our Leadership Programme and become Project Leaders. As a Project Leader you will run a weekly mentoring project with young people in primary or secondary school, facilitating the sessions alongside other responsibilities.
The Leadership Programme is an opportunity to gain and improve your leadership, management and communication skills whilst having a massive impact on the lives of young people. You will be supporting them to raise their aspirations, develop their character, and build their academic attainment and self-confidence. Are you up for the challenge?
As a member of the programme you’ll benefit from:
- A training programme designed to help you develop and grow your leadership and management skills, including a weekend residential and follow up evening sessions.
- Additional optional modules such as public speaking, working with young people with Special Educational Needs, Leadership training delivered in partnership with our corporate supporters and other third sector organisations.
- Paid weekly placement as a Project Leader on a primary or secondary school project (find out more about ReachOut’s Leadership programme by downloading the information pack below)
- A unique opportunity to focus on your career development through access to a career mentor (last year’s partners: Spencer Ogden, Macquarie and The App Business) and a line manager dedicated to your development in and out of ReachOut.
- Access to ReachOut’s alumni community, with access to networking events and career development opportunities.
University students part of the Leadership programme, will also get access to the benefits available through the ReachOut Level Up Experience scheme (find out more about ReachOut Level Up Experience here).
For common queries see our FAQs.
Current and former ReachOut mentors who have attended 10 or more mentoring sessions will automatically be shortlisted.
We will be assessing candidates on a rolling basis and will close applications once we have recruited the required number of Project Leaders. It is in your interest to apply as soon as possible.
Please click below to download our application form. Once completed, please send it along with your CV to email@example.com.
*All of our spaces in Manchester are now full. Please only apply if you are able to lead a project in London or Liverpool.