Level Up Opportunities
As one of our Level Up mentors, you can gain access to amazing career development opportunities! Please see below for the latest opportunities, as well as the instructions on how to get involved.
- Date: Wednesday 16th February 2022
- Time: 12-1.30pm
- Virtual (on Zoom)
This workshop will focus on how to structure a CV, writing strong personal statements, the difference between experience and skills based CV’s and more. The workshop will be interactive and each participant will get the opportunity to refine their own CV.
- Date: Tuesday 22nd February
- Time: 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Anyone else feel a little lost when it comes to saving and investing? And what about pensions and mortgages.. surely that’s a lifetime away? We’re breaking down the basics of how to make the most of your money and set yourself up for a financially secure future. Get money-smart with Moneybox and our simple steps – your future self will thank you for it!
Simkins LLP is a leading media and commercial law firm, offering a full range of legal services to corporate and individual clients. They are offering a group of Level Uppers to take part in an “Insight Day” where they get to experience life in a law firm for the day. You do not have to be studying for a law degree to take part in this, you just need to have some interest in the sector.
- Date: 13th April 2022
- Time: Full working day
- Location: London office
This will take place during the Easter holidays series of sessions to include:
- Meet and greet
- A career in law
- My life in law – perspectives from the frontline
- An introduction to media law
- Break for lunch
- Interactive session
- Applying for training contracts
- Afternoon tea & chat – your chance to network with lawyers at the firm
How to apply?
Email HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a statement as to why you would like to apply for this opportunity.
- Date: Monday 21st February 2022
- Time: 12.30-13.30pm
- Virtual (on Zoom)
This workshop will help you raise self- awareness about your personal motivations for having good energy and what’s affecting your energy and wellbeing. You will also find out how to identify simple ways to manage your energy everyday with a personal action plan.
Internships and Work Experience placements
Candidates will be given the opportunity to work-shadow lawyers within the firm and to participate in some practical, legal and analytical exercises.
This is a fantastic experience for anyone looking to gain some experience in a professional working environment. The Work Experience Week is for those who would like experience in a law firm, even if they have not finally determined they want to become a solicitor.
- Dates: Monday 8th August 2022 – Friday 12th August 2022
- Two spaces available exclusively for Level Uppers
- Candidates will receive a subsistence payment of £75 per day on the condition that they attend for the full week
Please include a CV and a statement as to why you would like to apply for the Level Up Experience, setting out clearly you are applying for the Work Experience Week. They will select for the Insight Day on paper applications.
Deadline: 5pm on Tuesday 31 May 2022. Any applications received after this time will not be considered.
To respond to the climate emergency, we need to find smarter, cleaner ways to power our daily lives. At Pivot Power, part of EDF Renewables, we are creating the low carbon infrastructure needed to future-proof our electricity system, support more renewable energy, and provide power for electric vehicle charging. Our national network of Energy Superhubs -combining big batteries and high-volume power connections – will enable electric vehicles to be charged rapidly in large numbers, powered by low carbon electricity. We’re already working with Oxford City Council to deliver one of the world’s most ambitious urban decarbonisation projects, Energy Superhub Oxford. But we’ve set our sights on towns and cities across the UK, from Brighton to Birmingham.
Our one month internship, exclusively available to Level Uppers will help you to gain an invaluable insight into working life at the forefront of the clean energy revolution! You will help us accelerate a net zero future, where clean energy powers our lives. During your four-week paid internship you’ll gain practical work experience and develop essential transferable and professional skills, including communication, teamwork, time management and more. You’ll be working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and will have exposure to a number of different teams and business functions, from Business Development and Engineering to Strategy and Marcomms.
- Dates: Monday 5th September – Friday 30th September
- Salary: Competitive, fully paid
- 1 space available for a Level Upper
Pivot Power are looking for someone who has:
• Business acumen
• A motivated self- starter with a can-do attitude
• A desire to learn and develop new skills
• Organised, efficient and ability to multi-task
• Passionate about being part of the acceleration to a net zero future, with an interest in sustainability / renewable energy
The application process will be via a CV and Cover letter. Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to interview with our HR Business Partner and other Senior Manager.
Applications are currently not open. We will let you know when they are open, along with the deadline.
ECI Partners is the UK’s leading growth focused private equity firm. ECI are offering our Level Uppers the opportunity to join their summer internship programme, and encourage people from all backgrounds and degrees to apply.
- Dates: Start date is flexible across June and July but they require a minimum commitment of 8 weeks and maximum of 12 weeks.
- Interns will receive a salary of £100 per working day, paid on the 18th of each month. If you live outside of London, ECI can help to cover temporary accommodation costs by arrangement as well.
The closing date for applications is 31st January 2022
PSG is a growth equity firm that partners with middle-market software and technology-enabled services companies to help them navigate transformational growth, capitalize on strategic opportunities and build strong teams. Having backed more than 85 companies and facilitated over 350 add-on acquisitions, PSG brings extensive investment experience, deep expertise in software and technology and a firm commitment to collaborating with management teams. Founded in 2014, PSG operates out of offices in Boston, Kansas City and London
PSG is seeking a Growth Private Equity Analyst to join their summer internship program in London at our offices on 15 Sloane Square, SW1W 8ER. This role will sit on the PSG Sourcing team, which originates new deal opportunities for PSG as well as PSG’s existing portfolio companies.
All applicants will be invited to a breakfast hosted by PSG on 20th April from 8 – 9am. This will be a great chance for Level Uppers to:
- Get to know more about PSG and growth investing
- Find out what a typical day at PSG and what an internship at PSG looks like
- Find out about career opportunities after the internship
- Meet staff and make connections!
Details of the internship:
- Dates: 1st June 2022- Friday 29th July (8 weeks)
- Salary: £35,000 per annum (pro-rata)
- Click here for the full role description
Applications to be submitted by this link: https://psg2.recruitee.com/o/intern
Deadline: 30th April 2022